Leading the Teaching and Learning from Good to Outstanding in your subject area, key stage or department.
Do your middle leaders have the necessary leadership skills needed for the schools of the future and understand the link between successful leadership and school improvement?
Have you got the strategic leadership skills necessary to work more effectively in a whole school role?
Do you need clear strategies that work to promote personalising learning; develop self evaluation and review, use data to create a culture of expectation; build lateral capacity through distributed leadership and create a coaching culture?
This intensive course is a must for all middle managers leading a subject or key stage. The day will develop the essential leadership and management skills needed for building outstanding departments and subject areas under the current Ofsted and ISI frameworks. From effectively handing difficult situations and conflict to long term issues, such as school or departmental improvement, this course covers it all.
The Essential Elements of Leadership & Management
- Leadership versus management
- Communication – the wrong and the right type
- Successfully managing change & conflict
Strategies to promote Outstanding Teaching & Learning
- What does outstanding learning look like?
- Creating a culture of self reflection & evaluation
- Using lesson observations to drive improvements in teaching and learning
- Demonstrating student progress
Development Planning & Raising Achievement
- Development an Action Plan and Self Evaluation for improvement
- Strategies for raising achievement & improving your results
Leading High Performance Teams (including support staff)
- Building & sustaining the ideal team
- Developing and sustaining a culture of collaboration
Who is this course for?
Heads of Department, Aspiring Heads of Department, Subject coordinators and Key Stage Coordinators.
To register an interest or raise any questions about his course please use the registration form below or use our Enquiries page.