GREAT! What an INSET should be.
Already changed how I am teaching this morning – feeling positive!
Emma Kent, Director of Music, West Buckland School
Overview of the research benefits of marking , feedback & metacognition and how it applies to the classroom
• What are the most effective forms of marking?
• Why is metacognition important?
• What does educational research tell us and how does this translate into outstanding practice?
• How can metacognition specifically help the performance of SEND learners and more able pupils?
Strategies for promoting metacognition in all subjects in all classrooms
• Turning pupils into experts
• 4 simple ways to promote metacognitive awareness in your classroom
• Letting pupils understand that the decisions they make are important determinants of their own success and well-being
Upgrade your marking and feedback to ensure all pupils:
• make rapid progress
• deepen learning
• know how to improve
• are engaged
Marking smarter, not harder: plans to reduce marking time
• Create a meaningful “marking dialogue” to produce real and lasting change
• Develop a consistent approach to marking
• Personalise learning through differentiated and qualitative feedback
Helping pupils develop the toolkit for evaluating their own progress
• Developing self-awareness and self-regulation and their role in learning
• Developing pupil’s self-knowledge, self-esteem and self-confidence
• Letting pupils understand how to improve their own learning and performance
• Preparing pupils for the next stage of their lives
Free CPD Consultation
If you want to learn more about this or other In-school INSET courses, then don’t hesitate to get in touch in one of the following ways:
Call: +44 208 5314812
Contact us today for a FREE consultation on your development needs.