“Very inspiring”- Silvana Cardoso, Teacher, Francis Holland School
Middle leader training for new HOD’s and Head’s of Year
- Do you need a middle leaders training programme in your school?
- How do you insure the successful career development of your best staff within your school?
- How do teachers make an impact as a middle leader?
- Can you show you have an educational vision and see that through to sustainable improvement in your school?
This course is for those staff who are looking to become HOD , subject leader or Head of Year. It provides an introduction to the role and the management and leadership skills required to make a success of it. Why send individuals away on a course when we can come to you and develop the skills of all your prospective and existing middle leaders all in one go?
The Essential Elements of Leadership & Management
- Leadership versus management
- Communication – the wrong and the right type
- Day-to-day operational duties vs. strategic leadership
- Successfully managing change & conflict
Outstanding Pupil Outcomes & Inspections
- What is an outstanding lesson?
- Creating a culture of self reflection & evaluation
- Effective lesson observations
- Monitoring teaching and learning
- Preparing for inspection
Build for long-term success – how to:
- Identify the priority areas for your school
- Development planning and the role of appraisal
- Build and sustain high performing teams
- Get things done without micromanaging
“How to” guide to the role and responsibilities
- Getting the job, applications and interviews
- Working collaboratively: developing a vision across the key stages
To register an interest or raise any questions about his course please use the registration form below or use our Enquiries page.