Update for new 2019 Ofsted Framework
On 16th January 2019 Ofsted released their new draft inspection framework – is your school ready?
According to Ofsted’s press release we can expect that ‘these changes will move Ofsted’s focus away from headline data to look instead at how schools are achieving these results, and whether they are offering a curriculum that is broad, rich and deep, or simply teaching to the test’.
This course will be essential to update school leaders of the new and revised expectations within the much publicised, proposed Ofsted Framework 2019.
With a greater emphasis on curriculum intent and how schools interpret the National Curriculum to meet the needs of their children, school leaders are now in a position where it is necessary to evaluate the ‘offer’ they give and how they prepare all children to make good progress and become better prepared for the next stages of their learning.
Ofsted 2019 Key Changes
Do you know what the changes that Ofsted are proposing?
How articulate are you about how your school’s curriculum meets the needs of your children and local area?
Do you know what the new key Ofsted judgements are and the evidence needed to for them to make accurate graded judgements?
Is your school environment designed to maximise learning?
Are you confident that the children in your school demonstrate positive and respectful attitudes to learning and each other?
What is the proposed framework 2019
• Identify the key judgements proposed by OFSTED
• Understand what inspectors will consider when making judgements – and how these compare with the previous Framework
• Supporting a self-evaluation in preparation for OFSTED
Quality of Education and Behaviour & Attitudes
• Curriculum Intent, curriculum implementation and impact – ensuring consistency.
• Developing a learning environment
• Make connections across the curriculum
• Explore how learning is adaptive to meet the different needs of learners
• A whole-school approach to reviewing the ‘curriculum offer’
A Practical Case study
• Understand how pilot schools negotiated through the inspection process
• Understand how children’s voice is used to support judgements by OFSTED
Personal Development and Leadership & Management
• How to evidence resilience, confidence and independence
• Developing character and preparing for life in Modern Britain
• How to communicate a clear and ambitious vision effectively
• Developing teaching
This course is suitable for senior leadership team members of all key stages.
Free CPD Consultation
If you want to learn more about this or other In-school INSET courses, then don’t hesitate to get in touch in one of the following ways:
Call: +44 208 5314812
Contact us today for a FREE consultation on your development needs.