“Excellent ideas for classroom activities” Ben Burrows, St Paul’s School
A practical guide on high impact teaching strategies for post 16 students
- Do you apply the full range of teaching strategies at Post 16?
- Do you understand the Ofsted criteria for judging Post 16?
- How do you personalise learning and differentiate for this age range?
- How do teachers make the most of marking and feedback at A level?
Schools are now given separate Ofsted grades for their sixth forms. This highly interactive and practical course will allow participants to the key features to ensuring that students achieve their full potential at A Level. Effective generic teaching strategies will be demonstrated and the essential ingredients required to ensure that students achieve the best grades possible; as well as the results of research into what students say makes an outstanding lesson.
• Reviewing research into what students say makes an outstanding post 16 lesson.
• Analysing the range of sources teachers need to use to improve the quality of their A Level teaching.
• Considering the Ofsted grade descriptors in relation to the 6th form.
• Applying a range of teaching strategies that can be used in the 6th form.
• Considering the importance of assessment and types of feedback and how it can be effectively managed.
To register an interest or raise any questions about his course please use the registration form below or use our Enquiries page.