- Is your State Boarding school fully compliant ?
- How do you know?
- Where is your evidence and is it easily accessible?
- Are you confident of meeting all NMS for boarding Schools?
State School Boarding Audits
Educational institutions must meet and observe a wide variety of guidelines and regulations set by both government agencies and non-governmental associations. Maintained boarding schools are inspected under the Social Care Common Inspection Framework (SCCIF) and must be compliant with National Minimum Standards (NMS) with which they are measured against. These Standards are applicable to almost all boarding schools including state maintained, academies and free schools inspected by Ofsted.
What is included in a Boarding Audit?
Our Inspection team will carry out an onsite visit, meeting with the Head of Boarding, Houseparents and other members of the boarding team.
This visit will:
Ensure full compliance with current legislation:
The detail of the inspection activity will vary according to the lines of enquiry for each individual visit but is likely to include a combination of the following:
- listening and talking to students
- listening and talking to senior leaders and boarding staff
- observing activities, including the interaction between boarding staff and children
- gathering views of other professionals, if required
- examining records, policies and procedures when this is a key line of enquiry; during the visit, inspectors will look at documents in order to follow a line of enquiry
Boarding Audit Report
The Inspection Team will give verbal feedback to the Headteacher and Head of Boarding. After the visit we will follow this up with a full written report.
Each report will summarise the overall experiences and progress of students in boarding, taking into account:
- how well students are cared for and safeguarded
- the effectiveness of leaders and staff
It will make recommendations for improvement, as necessary.
Alternatively our Inspection team could deliver a training session for the Head of Boarding and other members boarding team – Housemasters , Housemistresses, Houseparent’s , Matrons etc .JMC Inspection Team