“I felt the instructor did a great job of delivering given the situation we are in. He made me feel at ease and able to share my own personal struggles.”Ruth, Teacher, Saracen’s Multi School Academy Trust
Why should you or your staff become nationally accredited in Mental Health First Aid?
Let us consider the statistics
• About 10% of young people aged 8-15 experience a low sense of wellbeing
• Only one in eight children who have been sexually abused come to the attention of statutory agencies
• Up to 25% of teenagers have experienced physical violence in their intimate partner relationships
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is a nationally accredited mental health training course that will teach you and your employees how to identify and understand the various components of mental health and wellbeing. It raises self-awareness of mental health and make you and your employees more aware of self needs and more able to help others. Speciﬁcally, you will learn a range of mental health conditions, how statistically these affect various population cohorts, how to identify the warning signs to illness, and how to approach and support people in potential and actual crisis.
See also our online course: Mental Health Awarenessonly 25!
This 2-day course provides National Accredited Certification in Mental Health First Aid and Wellbeing giving you:
• Research based evidence of a range of mental health conditions and causes such as stress, panic attacks, psychosis, depression, alcohol and drug misuse, eating disorders, body dysmorphia, suicide, and various personality syndrome conditions
• Reduced stigma around a range of mental health conditions
• Boosts knowledge and applied learning of mental health and wellbeing
• Use of ALGEE diagnostics to tackle mental health situations
• How to raise awareness in others of mental health challenges
• More knowledgeable work force that support each other and increases productivity
We have a full range of Mental Health awareness & Wellbeing Training, including shorter online & 1 day MHFA courses. For more information click here.
Why should you or the staff at your school take this qualification in Mental Health First Aid?
Everyone who completes the course gets:
• National Accredited Certification in Mental Health and Wellbeing (ideal for Mental Health & Wellbeing Lead teachers)
• A manual to refer to whenever they need it
• A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan
• A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support their own mental health
• A copy of the Line Managers’ Resource & Handbook, an invaluable source of advice on how to support an employee experiencing mental ill health
• ALGEE Diagnostic Tool
Be Compliant: Meet the core standards
This course helps meet the recommended core standards for a healthy workplace as set out for all employers in the Government’s Thriving at Work report.
Safe learning environment
We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
Internationally recognised qualification
You will be joining a global community of over 3 million people around the world who have trained in MHFA skills. In England alone hundreds of thousands of people have already been trained.
Evidence based training
The MHFA course is written by experts, grounded in research, and tested by people with lived experience of mental ill health. Research and evaluation show that MHFA England courses make a lasting difference in people’s knowledge and confidence around mental health.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Email : email@example.com
“Are you and your employees up to date with mental health and wellbeing, or are you behind the mental health progress curve?”