“Thank you so much, it was absolutely brilliant and incredibly useful, lots of staff are giving very positive feedback.”
Nishi Kapoor, Deputy Head Pastoral, Northbridge House Nursery & Pre-Prep
Why should you become a MHFA Wellbeing Champion ?
• In an average classroom, ten children will have witnessed their parents separate, eight will have experienced severe physical violence, sexual abuse or neglect, one will have experienced the death of a parent and seven will have been bullied
• Half of mental ill health starts by age 15 and 75% develops by age 18
• In a 2018 OECD survey of 15-year-olds, the UK ranked 29th for life satisfaction, out of a total of 30 OECD countries !
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is a nationally accredited mental health training course that will teach you and your employees how to identify and understand the various components of mental health and wellbeing. It raises self-awareness of mental health and make you and your employees more aware of self needs and more able to help others. Specifically, you will learn a range of mental health conditions, how statistically these affect various population cohorts, how to identify the warning signs to illness, and how to approach and support people in potential and actual crisis.
This one-day mental health awareness and skills course qualifies your employees as MHFA Wellbeing Champions, giving them:
• Knowledge and confidence to provide Mental Health First Aid for the most common mental health issues
• An understanding of how to help build a mentally healthy workplace, challenge stigma and support positive wellbeing
See also our online course: Mental Health Awarenessonly 25!
Wellbeing Champion INSET Outline
• About Mental Health First Aid
• About mental health and stress in the workplace
• Stigma and discrimination
• Anxiety disorders
• Other mental health issues (eating disorders, self-harm, psychosis)
• Early warning signs of mental ill health
• Alcohol, drugs and mental health Content
We offer a full range of Mental Health Awareness & Wellbeing CPD. Including a short online MHFA course and a longer 2 day course for further details click here
Why should you or the staff at your school take the MHFA Wellbeing Champion qualification?
Everyone who completes the course gets:
• A certificate of attendance to say they are an MHFA Champion
• A manual to refer to whenever they need it
• A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan
• A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support their own mental health
• A copy of the Line Managers’ Resource, an invaluable source of advice on how to support an employee experiencing mental ill health
Meet the core standards
This course helps meet the recommended core standards for a healthy workplace as set out for all employers in the Government’s Thriving at Work report.
Safe learning environment
We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
Internationally recognised qualification
You will be joining a global community of over 3 million people around the world who have trained in MHFA skills. In England alone hundreds of thousands of people have already been trained.
Evidence based training
The MHFA course is written by experts, grounded in research, and tested by people with lived experience of mental ill health. Research and evaluation show that MHFA England courses make a lasting difference in people’s knowledge and confidence around mental health.
Email : email@example.com
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org