Pupil Premium Audit for Primary, Secondary & MATs
A Pupil Premium Audit will help your school or academy deliver effective outcomes for disadvantaged pupils; this sits right at the heart of the moral purpose for our schools. The Pupil Premium Strategy is the Department for Education’s statutory guidance that supports schools to deliver equitable outcomes for all their pupils.
Educational institutions such as schools, academies and free schools must meet and observe a range of guidelines and statutory requirements in order to meet the regulations set out by the Department for Education for their pupil premium strategy.
What is included in a Pupil Premium Audit?
Our Pupil Premium reviewer will carry out an onsite visit, meeting with the School Pupil Premium Champion and other relevant members of your team.
This visit will:
Ensure full compliance with current statutory regulations:
- Pupil Premium – Guidance (DfE, 2021)
- Using Pupil Premium Funding – Guidance for school leaders (DfE 2019)
Typically the visit will involve:
- Pre-visit self-evaluation & data analysis against national benchmarks
- Review and analysis of barriers to learning in your context
- Review of Pupil Premium Strategy documents including: DfE reporting template
- Discussion of impact of current processes – Tiered approach: Quality 1st Teaching, Academic interventions & wider strategies
- Identification of best practice, that aligns with your contextual needs
- Identification of success criteria with specific and measurable outcomes
- Feedback and co-creation of action plan.
When should Schools commission an Audit?
All schools should consider whether they could benefit from the fresh perspective of an experienced Pupil Premium Reviewer to help them try new approaches or improve current provision to help raise the attainment of their disadvantaged pupils.
Ofsted will recommend that you commission an audit if, as a result of a section 5 inspection, it identifies specific issues regarding the provision for disadvantaged pupils.
The Pupil Premium Audit Report
The Pupil Premium reviewer give verbal feedback to the HeadTeacher, Pupil Premium Champion and other relevant members of the SLT during the visit.
After the visit we will follow up with a full written report which can be presented to the Governing Body / Trustees.
Funding the Audit
Schools and Academies can pay for the audit or our Pupil Premium Training for SLT, and any subsequent follow-up or support, using their pupil premium funding. For guidance on the funding rates and spending see the DfE website.
Email : email@example.com