Building positive relationships with difficult colleagues / parents
This INSET will provide effective strategies to:
• Evidence effective leadership and the support of positive behaviours for staff and student wellbeing, as described in OfSTED guidance for inspection.
• Know how to deal with ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ issues through opening lines, questioning tips, interaction strategies; and de-escalation techniques
• Develop reasoning skills to turn around difficult and demanding situations
• Build an effective, skill-base to defuse aggression, handle bullies, complacency, complainers; and support staff and student mental health and wellbeing.
Delegates will take away a wealth of practical strategies, informed by psychological understanding, to deal with difficult situations effectively, and with confidence, confidentiality, care and compassion.
Session 1: Why we need difficult conversations – tackling complacency, deflection and underachievement.
Session 2: How to lead difficult conversations effectively
Session 3: Ways to avoid aggression and defensiveness
Session 4: Extending your skill-base for tacking difficult situations confidently
WHO IS THIS INSET RELEVANT FOR:
• Senior and Middle Leaders
• Mentors and CPD coordinators
• Teachers and TAs
• Explore the drivers for tackling difficult situations and creating a positive professional ethos for both staff and students.
• Investigate practical leadership strategies to manage behaviour to prevent difficult situations occurring
• Gain skills in assertiveness, evidence gathering, effective questioning and target setting to tackle underachievement and complacency.
• Understand how to create win-win outcomes and success-based solutions
• Know how to evidence the effective leadership of challenging behaviours and ensure that staff and student wellbeing is at the forefront
Free CPD Consultation
If you want to learn more about this or other In-school INSET courses, then don’t hesitate to get in touch in one of the following ways:
Call: +44 208 5314812
Contact us today for a FREE consultation on your development needs.