“wealth of practical tips based on real life experiences”L.Betts HOD, Gresham Prep school
Proven strategies for excelling as a Senior Leader in your school
One of the signs of exceptional school leadership is the numbers of colleagues who go on to become school leaders themselves. As senior leaders it is our job to support middle leaders to develop the skills to become highly effective school leaders. At JMC we appreciate this a time consuming process for any Head or Deputy, which may mean you would appreciate some assistance in developing the leadership styles of your staff through training or coaching.
- Do you have a cohort of middle leaders who need training in school leadership?
- Why not train them in the art of school leadership all in one go?
- Are you looking to progress into the Senior Leadership Team and need some coaching to improve your applications?
- Do you want to understand the leadership qualities required for the role?
“Maintaining high-quality planning, preparation and marking while ensuring you fulfil other strategic and supporting roles, as well as the day-to-day business of helping to lead the school, can require skill, organisation and a persistent drive”.Laura Knight, Deputy Principal ,Rudheath Primary Academy ,Northwich
Who is this suitable for?
Suitable for middle leaders and aspiring deputy heads who want to understand and prepare for the role of Assistant Head or Deputy Head teacher.
This course could be offered as one to one or small group mentoring.
JMC Mentoring can be either face to face or online.
We have an extensive range of Primary/Secondary/Independent and International school leaders ready to act as your mentor or critical friend.
See Mentoring & Coaching
“How to” become a Senior Leader
- Getting the job, applications and interviews
- Working collaboratively: understand the head’s vision
- Day-to-day operational duties vs. strategic leadership
- Advancing policies: effectively deploy and develop staff
- Leading high-quality teaching: developmental activities
Make a positive impact from the beginning
- Work beyond the requirements of inspection to benefit the school
- Bring coherence to: Curriculum, Teaching, Learning and Assessment
- Use planning to build success from the start
- Develop your leadership styles: which to use when
Senior Leader: Building long-term success
- Identify the priority areas for your school
- Build and sustain high performing teams
- Bring colleagues into your shared vision
- Get things done without micromanaging
- Performance management: Develop and manage your staff’s performance
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org