Thank you very much it has been such a useful day, I have so many ideas to take away from the day!Lynne Reynolds, Head of Social Science , Bosworth Independent College
- Is your school compliant with the BSO standards?
- Do you know the rules of accreditation, and are you following them?
- How fast can you prove it?
- Where is your evidence and is it easily accessible?
- When an inspector calls, who will know what, what will they have forgotten and what will they later wish they had said?
There is no time not to be ready.
What really matters to the DfE is whether or not schools are compliant with all the regulations by which they are bound. However different from each other British Schools Overseas may be, they should be absolutely united in their compliance with the British Schools Overseas standards produced by the DfE.
The DfE have put in place a voluntary inspection scheme for overseas schools. This ensures schools provide their pupils with the skills and qualifications they need to enter or re-enter the British education system.
The standards are closely aligned with those in the UK and this helps to inform parents about how the standards in these schools measure up against the standards that apply to independent schools in England.
‘British schools overseas: standards for schools’ lists the standards that all accredited British schools overseas must meet.
To become accredited British Schools Overseas must have an inspection every 3 years which shows that their performance against all the standards is at least satisfactory.
This leaders day will offer practical steps to ensure your school is inspection-ready every day.
BSO Standards INSET Outline
Outline of a typical BSO Standards Inspection
• What will be looked at during and before?
• Who will be met?
• How are BSO standards judged?
Making sure your school is compliant with the BSO Standards
• What evidence do inspectors gather on the quality of middle and senior leadership?
• What are the expectations from class -teachers during the inspection?
• How is the spiritual, moral, social, cultural development of pupils judged?
• What are the current requirements for safeguarding in British Schools Overseas ?
Performing a BSO Self Audit
• Make time
• Provide resources
• Tolerate no sacred cows
• Raise awareness
• Hot spots – Complaints, Safeguarding, SCR
• Publicise progress
• Then do it again
Quality of Education: Excellent Pupil Outcomes
- What are the requirements for your subject area / department to be compliant in T&L?
- Teaching and learning
- Pupil progress
- Welfare, health and safety of pupils
- Personal development
- The Minimum standards for boarding
- 20 ways to get it wrong!
- Judging the impact of boarding life on the quality of education
Free CPD Consultation
If you want to learn more about this or other In-school INSET courses, then don’t hesitate to get in touch in one of the following ways:
2 Replies to “BSO INSET : Exceeding the BSO Standards”
Comments are closed.