“Excellent interactive training”Victoria Burgess, HOD King’s Rochester
- Are you aware of the latest changes to your inspection framework and how these apply to teaching and learning?
- Do you know how to lead your staff to deliver outstanding teaching?
- Do you need some practical skills and strategies to move teaching in your school to outstanding?
Instructional or Transformational Academic Leadership?
With 252 influences and effect sizes related to student achievement in John Hattie’s updated list from 2018, it’s hard to pick out the impact of leadership on achievement.
He reports that more than 80 percent of School Principals see themselves as transformational leaders – setting a vision, inspiring the troops etc. But recent studies have shown that this approach is much less effective than instructional leadership.
Major aspects of this type of leadership include:
- Focusing on the impact of teaching on learning;
- Setting challenging targets to maximize student outcomes;
This ‘hands-on’ course allows both the Senior Leadership Team and /or Middle Leaders to focus on the criteria and processes that academic leaders will need to both understand and apply to be graded outstanding/excellent within the inspection framework.
The course highlights and explores many of the features of excellent provision and will offer delegates practical and applicable examples to make an instant impact within their own schools. Delegates will leave the course with development plans which will deliver sustainable and measurable improvement in teaching and learning.
Key policies and research for improving teaching
- Unpick the latest inspection criteria
- Uncover research on the impact of teaching quality and consistency
- Reveal evidence for the most effective ways to improve teaching
A complete toolkit for change in Academic leadership
- Employ observation tools to stimulate teacher development
- Turn feedback into information-driven dialogue
- How training interventions can re-energise teachers
- Proven, practical strategies for classroom teachers
- New approaches to collecting evidence
- Revamped lesson observation documentation and systems
The essential guide to “tweaking” teaching in your school
- Secure quality teaching through leadership and management
- Lead learning – the art of outstanding teaching
- Implement effective in-house CPD programmes
- Embed an improvement culture throughout your school
Really informativeAnthony Lambe, HOD, University College School, London