Extremely valuable – thank you !Jane Bond , Senior Deputy Head (Pastoral and Operational), Rokeby School
Strategies for ISI Lesson observation, feedback and coaching to improve teaching and pupil progress
- Do your middle leaders feel confident in how to carry out an ISI lesson observation?
- Can you feedback to colleagues in a structured and supportive way?
- Do leaders know how to coach other teachers through improvements to practice?
- How do you develop an open door collegiate approach to Teaching and Learning?
Understanding the ISI Approach to Lesson Observation
This course will explore how ISI lesson observation contributes to evidence of the extent of a school’s compliance with the Independent School Standards Regulations (ISSRS) and other relevant regulations. It also explores how lesson observations can shed light on the quality of pupils’ outcomes; and how highly effective lesson observation is used to inform and improve outstanding learning and teaching.
This course could be offered as one to one or small group mentoring.
JMC Mentoring can be either face to face or online.
We have an extensive range of Primary/Secondary/Independent and International school leaders ready to act as your mentor or critical friend.
See Mentoring & Coaching
Understanding how ISI Lesson Observations work
- How pupils’ achievements and personal development are evaluated
- Lesson observations and the nature of evidence
- How lesson planning, marking and other teachers’ documentation are considered
Conducting a Meaningful ISI Lesson Observation
- The top 10 pitfalls to AVOID when observing lessons
- Are the pupils learning anything and how do you know?
- Tips for measuring progress in the short and longer term
- How to focus on developmental lesson observations
Strategies to use feedback and coaching to develop the quality of teaching and improve pupil outcomes
- Embed a formative approach to lesson observations through:
- Coaching and mentoring programmes
- Strategies for highly effective Staff CPD
- Action Research Projects
- Meaningful Appraisal processes
To register an interest or raise any questions about his course please use the registration form below or use our Enquiries page.
One Reply to “INSET: ISI Lesson Observation and the ISSRs”