Strategies for Lesson observations, feedback and coaching to improve teaching and student progress
- Do your middle leaders feel confident in the skills of lesson observation?
- Can you feedback to colleagues in a structured and supportive way?
- Do leaders know how to coach other teachers through improvements to practice?
- How do you develop an open door collegiate approach to Teaching and Learning?
Making Lesson Observations Beneficial
Teacher appraisal and capability place effective and accurate observations of teaching and learning at the heart of the process of overall improvement in both teacher and pupil performance and progress.
This course will explore practical strategies to ensure rigorous and robust lesson observations are at the centre of any school performance management processes; and highly effective lesson observation is used to inform and improve outstanding learning and teaching.
Extremely valuable – thank you !Jane Bond , Senior Deputy Head (Pastoral and Operational), Rokeby School
21st Century Lesson Observation Toolkit
- Establishing an open-door culture for sharing best practice across subjects
- Analysis of video material of a range of teaching practice
- Peer observation and Lesson Study
- Developing teaching staff as reflective practitioners
Conducting a Meaningful Lesson Observation
- The top 10 pitfalls to AVOID when observing lessons
- Are the pupils learning anything and how do you know?
- Tips for measuring progress in the short and longer term
- How to focus on developmental lesson observations
Strategies to use feedback and coaching to develop the quality of teaching and improve pupil outcomes
- Embed a formative approach to lesson observations through:
- Coaching and mentoring programmes
- Strategies for highly effective Staff CPD
- Action Research Projects
- Japanese Lesson study
- Meaningful Appraisal processes
This course could be offered as one to one or small group mentoring.
JMC Mentoring can be either face to face or online.
We have an extensive range of Primary/Secondary/Independent and International school leaders ready to act as your mentor or critical friend.
See Mentoring & Coaching
To register an interest or raise any questions about his course please use the registration form below or use our Enquiries page.