The best thing about it was that it gave me the freedom to discuss my needs and wants openly; I wasn’t self-conscious when assessing my strengths and weaknesses and had a chance to properly think about the direction I want my career to go in.Transformational teacher coaching participant
- Are you looking to improve the quality of teaching and learning in your school?
- Do you feel that you don’t have enough time to coach specific members of staff towards improvement?
- Are you looking for a sustainable process of improving student outcomes across the school?
Our teacher coaching programme or 1:1 Individual Teacher coaching is designed to help your school tangibly improve key areas within the school by the use of a blend of teacher coaching and mentoring by an experienced advanced skills JMC Associate.
It is a structured, sustained process with an individual or small group of teachers across your school to enable them to embed new knowledge and skills from specialist consultants in day-to-day practice. The programme is:
- focused on enhancing teaching and learning
- beneficial to all coaching participants in terms of professional learning
- sustainable over the long term.
What are the benefits of Teacher Coaching for your school?
- High impact solution
- Uses leading experts you can trust
- Helps your school achieve move from “Good” to “Outstanding” judgements
- Can be used to support your school in getting out of “Special Measures”
- Creates new opportunities for the cross-pollination of ideas
- Encourages teachers to become more reflective, articulate, exploratory and metacognitive in relation to their work and its impact on learners
- Makes teachers more confident to deploy a wide pedagogic repertoire suited to the job
How does it work?
The school is assigned a transformational teacher coach who will set up and facilitate the programme. This can be either face to face in your school or online. 1:1 teacher coaching is usually delivered online and we usually recommend 3-6 sessions. The teacher coach is hand chosen by JMC to best suit the school’s needs after an initial assessment interview.
Email : email@example.com
Working with JMC is an absolute pleasure. They are knowledgeable, engaging, and can differentiate and address all the levels required. Highly recommended.Denise Armstrong, Regional QA Manager: CISK
To register an interest or raise any questions about our coaching programmes, please use the registration form below or use our Enquiries page.