The best thing about it was that it gave me the freedom to discuss my needs and wants openly; I wasn’t self-conscious when assessing my strengths and weaknesses and had a chance to properly think about the direction I want my career to go in. My colleagues who coached me kept the conversation focused, realistic and effective.
- Are you looking to improve the quality of teaching and learning in your school?
- Do you feel that you don’t have enough time to coach specific members of staff towards improvement?
- Are you looking for a sustainable process of improving student outcomes across the school?
Our coaching programme for class teachers is designed to help your school tangibly improve key areas within the school by the use teacher coaching and mentoring by an experienced advanced skills consultant.
It is a structured, sustained process with a self-selected group of teachers across your school to enable them to embed new knowledge and skills from specialist consultants in day-to-day practice. The programme is:
• focused on enhancing teaching and learning
• beneficial to all coaching participants in terms of professional learning
• sustainable over the long term.
What are the benefits for your school?
- High impact solution
- Enables you to rapidly embed a video-based CPD process and make it sustainable
- Uses leading experts you can trust
- Helps your school achieve move from “Good” to “Outstanding” judgements
- Can be used to support your school in getting out of “Special Measures”
- Creates new opportunities for the cross-pollination of ideas
- Encourages teachers to become more reflective, articulate, exploratory and metacognitive in relation to their work and its impact on learners
- Makes teachers more confident to deploy a wide pedagogic repertoire suited to the job
Ensures that teaching quality keeps improving
What are the Key Focus Areas?
T&L is usually the main area of focus looking to be improved, where this is the case there are 4 key focus areas in Teaching and Learning which lead to sustainable development:
- Pupil Engagement and enthusiasm
- Challenge and differentiation
Independent Learning and resilience
- Quality Feedback and Marking
The 4 Focus areas are based on current educational research (notably Hattie, Claxton and Dweck) as well as the current Ofsted and ISI criteria.
How does it work?
The school is assigned an external consultant who will set up and facilitate the programme. This individual is hand chosen by JMC to best suit the school’s needs after an initial assessment interview.
A single visit from one of our consultants as an INSET or SLT Training on “Improving standards in Teaching and Learning across your school”. This session would introduce peer tutoring, mentoring and the use of video technology to analyse lessons.
4 training/ planning visits, feedback on lessons is provided online.
4 training/ planning visits, feedback on lessons triangulated in face to face meetings to facilitate sustainable improvement in coaching skills for participants.
To register an interest or raise any questions about our coaching programmes, please use the registration form below or use our Enquiries page.