The best thing about it was that it gave me the freedom to discuss my needs and wants openly; I wasn’t self-conscious when assessing my strengths and weaknesses and had a chance to properly think about the direction I want my career to go in. My colleagues who coached me kept the conversation focused, realistic and effective.
- Are you looking to improve the quality of teaching and learning in your school?
- Do you feel that you don’t have enough time to coach specific members of staff towards improvement?
- Are you looking for a sustainable process of improving student outcomes across the school?
Our teacher coaching programme is designed to help your school tangibly improve key areas within the school by the use of a blend of teacher coaching and mentoring by an experienced advanced skills JMC Associate.
It is a structured, sustained process with a self-selected group of teachers across your school to enable them to embed new knowledge and skills from specialist consultants in day-to-day practice. The programme is:
• focused on enhancing teaching and learning
• beneficial to all coaching participants in terms of professional learning
• sustainable over the long term.
What are the benefits for your school?
- High impact solution
- Uses leading experts you can trust
- Helps your school achieve move from “Good” to “Outstanding” judgements
- Can be used to support your school in getting out of “Special Measures”
- Creates new opportunities for the cross-pollination of ideas
- Encourages teachers to become more reflective, articulate, exploratory and metacognitive in relation to their work and its impact on learners
- Makes teachers more confident to deploy a wide pedagogic repertoire suited to the job
Ensures that teaching quality keeps improving
How does it work?
The school is assigned a JMC Associate who will set up and facilitate the programme. This individual is hand chosen by JMC to best suit the school’s needs after an initial assessment interview.
To register an interest or raise any questions about our coaching programmes, please use the registration form below or use our Enquiries page.