“Inspiring”Chris Greenhough , Head Teacher, Swanwick School and Sports College
- Understand the research and best practice guidance around making best use of teaching assistants
- Learn how simple changes can transform TA preparedness and practice
- Find out how to overcome key obstacles to change
- Discover how to work with the TA Team to ensure that all staff are engaged with change for the better
- Gain insight into what TA best practice looks like in all areas of school life
Making best use of Teaching Assistants
Based on the Education Endowment Foundation’s (EEF) guidance report – ‘Making Best Use of Teaching Assistants’ – this course is aimed at school leaders, class teachers and TAs; and provides you with a step-by-step guide that can help you to develop the impact of the effective use of TAs in your school.
Research – based models of good practice
Using case studies, guidance and models of good practice, this professional development course brings the EEF guidance report to life and provides strategies that can be used at three levels:
1. Senior leaders – Better strategic deployment of teaching assistants
2. Class teachers – Building an effective learning partnership with your TA
3. Teaching Assistants – developing the role of the effective teaching assistant.
Supporting learning and progress
The deployment of TAs is the school leadership’s responsibility and this professional development course is intended for senior school leaders and headteachers who want to maximise the use and impact of this valuable resource, class teachers who want to make the best use of teaching assistants in their classes; and teaching assistants themselves who want to better the way they support student learning and progress.
Maximising impact on pupil outcomes
Hundreds of thousands of teaching assistants are employed throughout the UK. Yet, they are often deployed in such a way that their job becomes difficult to do. Frequently they are excluded from training and not prepared as well as they could be.
This course shows you how to maximise the impact of TAs. It gives insight into critical research explaining how TAs are used- and how they could be used better. It walks you through the steps you need to take to transform the working lives of your TAs, helping you to raise achievement and make better use of your existing staff in the process.
Free CPD Consultation
If you want to learn more about this or other In-school INSET courses, then don’t hesitate to get in touch in one of the following ways:
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact us today for a FREE consultation on your development needs.