Very informative, lots of thought provoking ideas
Tanya Cross, Assistant Head, Inglehurst Junior School
- Do you know what outstanding looks like in EYFS?
- Are you able to evidence it in practice?
- Are you aware of how the inspection process has changed in 2021/22?
- Do understand the Ofsted Inspection framework and documentation for Early years?
To be outstanding is a shared responsibility between early years practitioners, line managers/senior leaders and parents. There have been a number of key changes to the Ofsted Inspection Framework and KCSIE in 2021 which your EYFS team need to understand in practice to achieve or maintain the Outstanding judgement.
Two documents in Ofsted’s Education Inspection Framework were updated in 2021. These were:
Early Years Inspection Handbook updated 2021
Inspecting Safeguarding in Early Years and Skills Settings updated 2021.
Embedding a learning culture of improvement is an essential ingredient on this journey. Understanding these needs and how they express themselves in the early years environment will help achieve this goal.
Is your Early Years Setting or Nursery due an Ofsted Inspection? Our Mock inspection service is robust & supportive. Find out what previous customers say about usJMC Early Years Inspection Team
Unpicking the Ofsted 2021 Early Years Inspection framework
- Becoming familiar with how the New Education Inspection framework September 2021 will be implemented within the nursery
- Understanding the key judgements made at inspection
- Discussion of how evidence is collated and the criteria for reaching those judgements
- Reviewing the British values, The Prevent Duty and Cultural capital
- Describing how inspectors will evaluate the effectiveness of safeguarding
- Exploring the new judgement the Quality of Education and how will staff implement this across the nursery
- Planning what questions staff will be asked during an inspection and during the managers meeting
The Role of the EYFS Leader in the pursuit of Outstanding Practice
- Setting consistent standards
- Monitoring Teaching and Learning
- Understanding the process of critical evaluation
- Discussion of ways in which you can showcase practice and get the best from the inspection process
- Ensuring what children know, can remember and do is strong
- Supporting the Nursery team
The Importance of Parental Engagement and Partnerships
- Working in partnership with parents, the local community and outside agencies
Who is this course for?
EYFS practitioners, EYFS leaders, Nursery Managers, Heads of Pre-Prep, Heads or Senior Leadership new to the Early Years experience.
If you are looking for an Early Years INSET which is less Inspection focussed , take a look at our other EYFS courses