‘Schools need to raise pupils’ aspirations and enjoyment of science and ensure that they nurture the talents of our potential young scientists of the future.’
Ofsted Report ‘Success in Science’
- Are there aspects of your practice you could improve?
- What is the best way to plan your curriculum intent for Science?
- Are you aiming for outstanding implementation?
To remain masters of our subject, it’s important that we, as teachers, keep learning and evaluating on our own practice. This course provides just that opportunity for Science teachers , providing strategies, practical advice and actionable pedagogies to ensure the delivery of outstanding Science lessons.
What are the benefits of this Science INSET for your school?
• Actively engage with innovative teaching methods specific to science teaching
• Opportunity to be in the position of the learner and utilise innovative ideas
• Improve the engagement, motivation and attainment of all students through proven principles.
• Improve your ability to develop practical and mathematical skills in your students.
This course can be adapted for delivery as both a Primary and Secondary INSET.
What is Outstanding Implementation in Science 2019/20?
• Understanding the links between Intent, implementation & Impact ; What does the research say – what’s effective/ what’s not and why?
• An updated role for technology in the Science lab
• What are Ofsted and ISI looking for in Science teaching?
• How do we develop students with enough Character, Grit, Resilience and Independence to prepare them for the next stage of their education in Science?
Demonstrating Rapid and Sustained Progress in Science
• Developing Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) in Science, including enquiry and problem-solving skills
• Deeper Questioning – establishing exactly what concepts your learners still do not understand to better target intervention
• Marking and Feedback – strategies to show rapid and sustained progress over time
Improving Scientific Literacy & Science Cultural Capital
- Scientific literacy – developing students’ understanding of scientific concepts through effective communication
- Increasing Science and Cultural capital to improve levels of engagement & the uptake of STEM subjects
- Embedding practical skills
- The use of highly effective “pupil talk” in Science
Using Subject teaching pedagogy & strategies to improve learning in Science
• Effective subject specific pedagogy in Science
• Establishing a growth mindset and culture of collaborative learning
• Tweaks to strategies to make your pupils work harder
• Getting the most from every lesson
Opportunity to collaboratively action plan active strategies to improve pupil progress in Science
• Who to target with what intervention?
• Utilising Pupil Premium Funding effectively
• Satisfying the requirements of Ofsted/ISI and evidencing this
Free CPD Consultation
If you want to learn more about this or other In-school INSET courses, then don’t hesitate to get in touch in one of the following ways:
Call: +44 208 5314812
Contact us today for a FREE consultation on your development needs.