“Lots of new ideas to try out and great discussions ” #alwayslearning
Highcliffe School Learning & Teaching Steering Group ( via Twitter)
Will your school achieve or maintain Outstanding in Quality of Education ?
The single biggest contributory factor to a pupil’s attainment and progress is the quality of teaching; this is even more marked for disadvantaged and vulnerable students (double the effect size) so the continued improvement of the implementation of teaching and learning in schools must be our number one priority.
What does outstanding implementation look like?
‘ Ofsted’s focus moves away from headline data to look instead at how schools are achieving these results, and whether they are offering a curriculum that is broad, rich and deep, or simply teaching to the test’Ofsted
- So, what does this translate to in practice?
- How do make progress explicit for inspectors?
- With so much information available to teachers what interventions really work?
- What does outstanding teaching look like?
- What do inspectors look for as evidence of outstanding learning?
Clear strategies and interventions
This course is highly practical and interactive. Teachers will leave with a clear set of strategies and interventions to improve their curriculum implementation which they can adopt in their next lesson.
“Vision without implementation is hallucination.”
What does Outstanding Curriculum Implementation look like?
- Understanding the links between Intent, implementation & Impact
- What evidence do inspectors use to judge implementation?
- What are the criteria used and what do these actually look like in practice?
- Opportunity to view and critique outstanding lesson video material
- Teaching towards outstanding curriculum impact: pupil outcomes & progress
Successfully Improving Attainment and Progress in lessons and over time
- The results are in: top 3 teaching interventions and strategies to improve attainment and progress – what are they & how to get outstanding outcomes from them
- Addressing social disadvantage head on
- Planning for Progression & Sequencing
- Understanding Progression & the importance of clear end points in your subject area
- Strategies for Judging Progress in lessons & over time
Embedding effective language of learning
- Metacognition and Self-regulation
- Highly effective collaborative learning strategies
- Dialogic teaching
- Effective “pupil talk” in lessons
Differentiation and Responsive Teaching
- Established best practice
- Independent and Flipped learning
- Personalised learning
- Deeper questioning and higher order thinking
This course can be adapted for international and other non-Ofsted inspected schools.
You might also be interested in our Deep Dive Training sessions suitable for SLT, HoDs or all staff in schools, academies or multi-academy trustsEmail email@example.com for more details or to book
Free CPD Consultation
If you want to learn more about this or other In-school INSET courses, then don’t hesitate to get in touch in one of the following ways:
Contact us today for a FREE consultation on your development needs.
3 Replies to “Ofsted INSET: Outstanding Implementation of T&L”
Comments are closed.