I was impressed by both the content and the delivery of the ISI Excellent marking courseJoe Thackway, Head, Cresent School
ISI Excellent Marking: a realist’s guide to marking and assessment
Would you like to ensure your marking and feedback allows your pupils to:
✔Make rapid progress
✔ Deepen their learning
✔ Know how to improve
✔ Become more engaged
Would you like to mark smarter, not harder and develop a practical toolkit for more effective marking?
Do you know what ISI define as Excellent Marking?
Are you prepared for ISI’s latest work book inspections?
Given the focus in the current ISI framework on improving pupil outcomes it is essential that teachers and leaders get to grips with these strategies and the benefits that can be made from some small changes in their practice. This course also presents how the research shows that improving marking and feedback is the number one way of adding value to pupil progression and attainment and presents practical ways to mark smarter.
This highly interactive course will allow teachers to achieve the following outcomes:
- Mark smarter, not harder: plans for reduce marking time
- Unpick ISI’s criteria for marking and assessment
- Surpass ISI’s expectations for work book inspections
- Clarify the Hattie meta-analysis & the research behind the EEF Teaching & Learning Toolkit and its impact on effective teaching
- Develop a consistent approach to marking
- Create a meaningful “marking dialogue” to produce real and lasting change
- Implement peer-and self-assessment techniques
- Strategies for implementing self-reported grades
- Personalise learning through differentiated and qualitative feedback
- Provide feedback with clear direction on how to improve
- Demonstrate progress from marking and feedback
Thank you very much, truly thought provoking and some wonderfully useful strategiesBen Barter, Head of Pupil Progress, St Andrews Prep, Eastbourne
Who is this course for?
Like its sister course ISI Excellent Teaching This course can be delivered with a focus on marking and feedback practice to departments, teaching teams or a whole school staff. It can also be delivered to lead teams and middle management with more focus on evaluating marking practice, drafting policy and supporting and developing colleagues and departments. Please use our form below to give details on your requirements.
To register an interest or raise any questions about his course please use the registration form below or use our Enquiries page.